February 06, 2003

So Thursdays I have Expos from 10 to 11, and then I'm done. I squirmed around on my bed for a bit, wracked by phlegmy coughs and little sniffles, and then I made the cold, windy but sunny 15-minute walk to Bread and Circus off Central Square. I'd thought that I'd just grab some small lunch/tea things, but I ended up tottering back to the dorm under the weight of three big paper bags. I assembled lunch/tea:

Baguette, organic
Olive oil
Tomatoes, Canadian
Bocconcini, fragile bouncy balled foeti swimming in amniotic fluid
Assorted olives
Roasted red peppers, something wrong about this, suan-meish; bad vinegar?
Parsley scallion hummus
Honey dijon kettle chips (only 1.19!)

I passed on the Dalmatian tapenade.

Not a very economical option though; having spent 42 bucks on effectively nothing (these were nothing-groceries, little indulgences to fill my spare time and stomach space, smallish canapé/antipasto items, as opposed to real-groceries, like whole chickens, large pieces of offal, bundles of bak choy, etc). Still, I am assured of nice breakfasts for at least the next two days. Baguette (a little stale by then, but no matter), ashtray of olive oil (found a use for it at last!), couple of choice olives for salt counterpoint, glass of juice. Austere early-morning luxury away from Annenberg.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home